Saturday, March 29, 2014

Feeding the Family and Writing

With CampNaNoWriMo 2 days for my time zone (GMT:-5:00) I am preparing freezer crockpot (slow cooker) meals for the month. This is normal in my house at the beginning of the month. There are several sites and blogs that have recipes. I use Happy Money Saver website done by Karrie and Mommy's Fabulous Finds. Karrie has 50 meals, many are made a few times. My family has their favorites and those are the ones I make. These are not the only sites where you can find recipes, but they are the ones I use most often. It take 1 day to prepare them all. Yeah, that sounds like work but think once it's all done you're done. No preparing for as many days as you made meals for. Cleaning up only happens once, well besides the dishes. Normal prep time for a meal is anywhere from 10-45 minutes depending on what you're making. This gives you that time to write instead. Another plus is that my kids (12 and 16 yrs. old) will pop a bag into the crockpot and they get to say, "I made dinner."  Just about anything you cook you can do a crockpot freezer meal with.

Here are a few of our favorite ones:
Teriyaki Pork Chops
Maple Dijon Glazed Chicken
Pineapple Chicken
Chicken Enchiladas 
Mongolian Beef

Here's what you'll have once they are all prepared and ready to freeze.











Here are some more sites with recipes:
Stock Pilling Mom
Sidetracked Sarah

I hope you try them out.


*Disclaimer - I am not the owner of these pictures. I found them on the web for causal fun use on my blog for which I receive no compensation. If this picture belongs to you (you are the copyright owner) please let me know and I will remove it.

No comments:

Post a Comment