Welcome to the insanity that is a bunch of writers attempting to write 10000 words in one day! Join us for 12 hours of writing sprints, encouragement, fun and lunacy as we write wordies in a mad dash for the finish line of our blogs, novels, non-fiction or poetry.
1. Write as much as you want to - 10, 100, 1000 or 10000 words. You decide!
2. Have fun! If you're not having fun, you're not doing it right.
3. Encourage and support yourself and fellow writers. Don't stress yourself out if you can only write half a sentence. Every word is progress.
4. There is no need for your sanity, editor, perfectionist and grammar-Nazi. They are not allowed.
5. Remember to breath and breath.
6.Ask for help if you get stuck.
Schedules will be posted here for the games, and updated before each 10K Writathon. You can join in using the hashtag #GT10kwritathon on Twitter, follow us @GetWordies if you have any comments, questions, suggestions or just want to follow a random person.
Next 10k writathon will begin June 14th, 2014 at 8:00amCDST (GTM:-5:00). You can use your own time zone and post at the end of every hour. Just follow along with the schedule below.