Sunday, November 30, 2014

NaNoWriMo Wrap-up!

As NaNoWriMo wraps up today we look back over the last 30 days. Many of us participating never thought we'd make it through, yet we did. It's an amazing feeling to see that bar under your name turn purple with WINNER! written on it. The last 30 days has been trying and stressful, plot bunnies driving us crazy, writer's block hitting and just plain tired of the plot. Ones who gave up, there is next year. Maybe CampNaNoWriMo will be more your thing. Don't give up on writing. No matter how you think your words are, someone will like them. Every reader has a type they like. Keep writing, it's worth it. That's coming from a writer that has NOT been published. Published authors will say the same thing. The feeling you get the second after you write that last word is something I wish I could describe, but I can't.
Now you are probably asking 'What to do now?" Well you can finish your novel you started November 1st, edit or start an entirely new project. I, myself have started a new WIP that is linked to my NaNo novel. Just keep writing/editing every day
I've had a few ask about sprinting after NaNo. Since December is full of holiday events, we will have some here and there. Most likely Saturdays. Watch hashtag #wordgrab. Use the sprints to edit. Once the new year hits I'll be updating the times with your help from answering the poll questions to the left here. February I'm planning a 12 hour writathon. I'll update you when I choose the date. April and July I'll be back in NaNo mode for CampNaNoWriMo.

KEEP WRITING MY WORDLINGS!

No comments:

Post a Comment