Tuesday, June 10, 2014

10kWritathon Thoughts


I have a few things I do before a 10kWritathon. Snackies, yes snackies. We all needs them while we write. Here are a few I have done for NaNoWriMo and CampNaNoWriMo.  Of course you can always stick to chips, cupcakes, brownies and the occasional ice cream.   Puppy Chow, many kinds of Chex Mix, small cookies, Dilled Oyster CrackersTrail Mix Caramel Corn MixClassic Snack, and homemade Snack Chips.  If you are working away from the kitchen, you can make having drinks handy by using a small cooler with frozen bottled water for the ice. The water thaws and you have more to drink. I keep my sodas in one. Then of course I make sure I have research caught up and notes/outlines ready.

As for meal, yeah some of us have family that will need attending to; My crock pot/slow cooker is my bestie for these writathons. I usually have a dozen crock pot meals in the freezer ready to go so it makes it easy, but you can use the same recipes or your families favorite. Crock pot meals for 10kWritathon days...snacks.
Have toddlers? Well use my mom's simple form to entertain them at the table/desk. You'll need a ziplock bag and pudding or yogurt. Put the pudding in the bag seal while letting most of the air out. Now it's a writing utensil. My kids spent hours drawing and trying to write with this simple and cheap idea. For older kids I used to set them at the table with art supplies. I would be right there writing while they created as well. For teens, well you're on your own for those. I just send mine away with the car or to his room with video games.

If you have any more ideas, please leave them in the comment section.

No comments:

Post a Comment